Things I learned on the 2004 Grey Cup Trip
by Douglas Facey (trumpet player extraordinaire)
- Just how many Argonotes can fit in a radio booth...
- Certain things shouldn't be inserted into a saxophone
- The front-running nickname for the new Atlantic CFL franchise is the "Halifax Explosions"
- The Lord blows my trumpet
- Ladies and Gentlemen, put your hands up for the Winnipeg Police Pipe Band
- The Crown Plaza Hotel has low overhead - not recommended for cheerleader stunting
- Anyplace you go in Ottawa the Saskatchewan Pep Band has already been there
- Spirit Fingers
- Ottawa gets so cold that even mouthpieces turn blue
- I went to a hockey rink, and a football game broke out
- Avoid the Green ones--they're not ripe yet
- Don't touch the bubble machine
- One Argos Bounce is okay, but a rushing six-pack usually indicates a blitz...
- Green is the Football, Colour is the Game
- CFL fans are the friendliest people in the world
- Best Grey Cup trip ever!
Don't worry if a few of the items make no sense, for some of them you just to be there.